One of the hottest New York restaurants around, Sunday in Brooklyn, is to open its first ever international location this summer on Thursday 22nd July – and its right on our doorstep. Opened in Williamsburg in 2016 by founders Todd Enany, Adam Landsman, and chef Jaime Young, the restaurant has become a firm favourite on New York’s dining scene enticing both its local neighbours and crowds from across the city. Sunday in Brooklyn is known for its inventive spin on classic American staples, as well as playful cocktails, an epic brunch menu and exceptionally warm hospitality. This summer, the restaurant will be bringing all of this to West London plus more, creating new menu items, especially for its new Notting Hill location.
Located in a beautiful two corner site on Westbourne Grove, the tall wrap-around windows of the restaurant will fill the main dining room with natural light, whilst the warm, welcoming interiors are an echo of the cosy atmosphere of the New York original. Sunday in Brooklyn will be open seven days a week serving brunch, lunch and dinner; it is sure to be an exciting and welcome addition to Notting Hill’s restaurant scene.
We are all super excited to be opening up in London, a city with a phenomenal food scene that we can’t wait to be a part of. We’ll be bringing a big taste of Brooklyn with us, but we’re also looking forward to working with new ingredients and local producers to make this a true London edition of Sunday in Brooklyn.Todd, Adam and Jaime
The full menus of Sunday in Brooklyn’s Notting Hill location are yet to be announced, but some of their signature dinner dishes will definitely be offered up to diners, including:
- Clams Casino – littleneck clams, garlic bread crumb, smoky bacon
- Whole Smoked Artichoke – whole smoked artichoke, saffron aioli
- Skirt Steak – Chimichurri, roasted carrots, arugula salad
- Swordfish – Grilled swordfish, charred broccoli greens, butter bean pistou
- Ofiras Hummus and Fresh House-Made Pita – raw green pistachio tahini, sumac yogurt, and zaatar
Some of the new dishes – exclusive to the UK – the London team have been preparing include:
- Beef Tartare – charred onions, Worcestershire egg yolk, Walkers Salt & Vinegar crisps
- Grilled Summer Courgette – lovage tahini, sunflower seed & blossom salad
- Pork Secreto – curry leaf gremolata, new potatoes, pickled onions
Which all sound delicious, right? But wait! Some of their famous brunch dishes will also be transported over to Notting Hill as well, including stacks of the famous malted pancakes with hazelnut praline and brown butter. Other brunch favourites include:
- The Don Reuben Omelette – Mole sauce, goat cheese, roasted mushrooms
- Cauliflower Patty Melt – roasted cauliflower, sambal, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese
- Biscuits and Gravy – drop cheddar biscuits, sausage gravy, poached eggs, sambal
As with the New York original, Sunday in Brooklyn will source ingredients from independent local suppliers as well as showcasing the best of seasonal British produce. Regular special dishes will be available exclusively at the London location.
For drinks, Sunday in Brooklyn will be featuring a list of all natural wines from some of the world’s most exciting winemakers. They will also be showcasing their own signature cocktails such as the ‘Honeybear on Holiday’ – Fiji Rum, Amontillado Sherry, Apricot, Pineapple, Lime, Cumin Honey – and the ‘Devil’s Backbone’, a mix of Mezcal, Dill Aquavit, Rhubarb Amaro, Strawberry, and Tomato.
As mentioned, the restaurant will officially be opening on Thursday 22nd July. A soft launch will be held 18th – 20th July, with 50% off food. Sign up for details at sundayinbk.co.uk
Sunday In Brooklyn
Opening Thursday 22nd July 2021
98 Westbourne Grove